- You can be paid up to 65% of your gross monthly income or £1,500 per month
- Flexible Excess Periods offer the potential of huge premium savings
- Benefit payments are paid to you for up to 12 months for any one claim
- Multiple claims permitted – no limit
- Simple on line application process, no medical required
- Option to add Unemployment cover now or at a later date
- With Unemployment cover option you qualify for Jobcare back to work service
- Unemployment option includes a Legal Helpline to help with redundancy matters
All of this for as little as £0.56p per month per £100 of benefit*
Accident and Sickness Insurance Explained
This page has been dedicated to Accident and Sickness Insurance customers.
Accident and Sickness Insurance is offered as a constituent part of i:protect’s flagship product Lifestyle Protection Insurance. This cover can be purchased for an exceptionally low premium. Furthermore, in addition to covering the risk of accident and sickness, you can choose to add unemployment cover now or at a later date.
One in ten i:protect customers have elected to have insurance for Accident and Sickness. They have decided to forego the unemployment cover.
This can be because:
- They are successfully self employed and unemployment is not a risk they need to cover
- The policyholder has a job that offers a substantial redundancy package which would allow them to be without work for over a year without financial difficulty
- Their employer has a very limited sick pay scheme that pays nothing after only a few months
You are always given the option to have Accident and Sickness cover with every quote.
i:protect Lifestyle Protection Insurance is designed to pay a proportion of your income in the event that you are off work through accident, sickness or (optional) involuntary unemployment. If you could not work for medical reasons, how would you pay your mortgage and other bills? If you do not have substantial savings to fall back on, i:protect accident and sickness cover could offer you a very cost effective alternative to financial hardship. You can concentrate on returning to health without the worry of being chased for debts, credit black listing or even potential eviction from your home.
State Benefits are very limited and means tested after six months . They do not reflect the everyday cost of living for most people in employment should they fall ill and seek financial assistance:
- Statutory Sick Pay is £85.85 per week (Jan 2013), it is only paid for up to 28 weeks and insufficient to meet everyday bills
- The self-employed ‘have to claim Employment and Support Allowance which only pays between £56.25 and £105.05 per week, depending on circumstances, (Source: Gov.uk Jan 2013)
Whereas i:protect Lifestyle Protection Insurance can fill the financial gap between State Benefit payments and your monthly outgoings.
How i:protect Lifestyle Protection offers excellent Accident and Sickness Insurance
Offering you these great features:
- Protect up to 65% of your gross monthly income or £1,500 per month whichever is the lesser amount. Use Lifestyle Protection Insurance to cover:
- Your rent repayments
- Car loans
- Important insurance premiums
- Credit card repayments
- Utility bills
- Food bills
- Fuel costs and more…
- Flexible Excess Periods allow you to choose when your accident and sickness benefits payments would start. For example, you can choose to start your benefit after 180 days, 90 days, 60 days, 30 days or from day one (known at ‘back to day one’ cover). Claims are paid 30 days in arrears. For more information about how you can use excess periods to save money please click here.
- Benefit payments can last up to 12 months in respect of any one claim. There is no limit to the number of claims you can make in any one year. Please click for more detailed information about the i:protect claims service.
- With the optional Unemployment cover you would have access to Jobcare Back to Work Service to help you return to work. This service is free and is provided by employment specialists Jobcare Services Limited. Please follow this link for more information about Jobcare.
- Accident and Sickness cover starts from as little as £0.56 for every £100 of monthly benefit*. Please get a quote right now or follow this link price.
Click the ‘Get a quote‘ button above to obtain a quick quotation to see how little accident and sickness insurance would cost you with our Lifestyle Protection policy.
There are other providers of short-term Income Protection Insurance and other products designed to protect you against loss of income. For impartial information about insurance, please visit the website at www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk
*Accident and Sickness cover, benefit payable after 180 days deferment period, for a 25 year old, premium only £5,60 per month for a monthly benefit payment of £1000 (Monthly cost for every £100 of monthly benefit is £0.56)