Lifestyle Protection Insurance
Providing you with financial security so you can get on with your life
- Protect up to 65% of your gross monthly income or £1,500 per month
- Flexible Excess Periods allowing you to choose when your benefits payments start
- Benefit payments can last up to 12 months for any one claim
- Jobcare Back to Work Service to help you return to work
- Legal Helpline to help you with redundancy matters and tax information
- Unemployment benefit also available for self employed
- Carer Cover – if you have to stop work to look after a family member
All of this for as little as £0.56p per month per £100 of monthly benefit*
Lifestyle Protection Insurance Explained
i:protect Lifestyle Protection Insurance is designed to pay a proportion of your income in the event that you are off work through accident, sickness or involuntary unemployment. Have you ever considered what would happen if you lost your income? How would you pay your mortgage and other bills?
i:protect Lifestyle Protection Insurance offers you these great features:
- Protect up to 65% of your gross monthly income or £1,500 per month whichever is the lesser amount. Use Lifestyle Protection Insurance to cover:
- Your rent or mortgage repayments
- Car loans
- Important insurance premiums
- Credit card repayments
- Utility bills
- Food bills
- Fuel costs and more…
- Flexible Excess Periods allowing you to choose when your benefits payments would start. For example, you can choose to start your Unemployment benefit after 180 days, 90 days, 60 days, 30 days or from day one (known at ‘back to day one’ cover). You start your Accident & Sickness Insurance cover to have a different excess period. Claims are paid 30 days in arrears. You can select a different excess period to each type of benefit. See the link on the top left hand side of this page or use this quick link for more information about how you can use excess periods to save money.
- Benefit payments can last up to 12 months in respect of any one claim. This is the same for both Accident and Sickness Insurance as well as for your Unemployment benefits. There is no limit to the number of claims you can make in any one year.
- Jobcare Back to Work Service to help you return to work. This service is free and is provided by employment specialists Jobcare Services Limited. Advisors are available to offer you practical advice tailored to your individual circumstances.
- Redundancy Helpline to help you with redundancy matters and tax information.
- Carer Cover is available provided you select the accident sickness and unemployment cover option. If you become a carer after taking out your policy you can claim for a single amount equal to your monthly benefit times the maximum benefit period as shown on your insurance schedule. For example if you selected a 12 month benefit period and £500 per months benefit your payment would be 12 x £500 = £6000..
Click ‘Get a quote’ to obtain a quick quotation to see how little i:protect Lifestyle Protection Insurance could cost you.
Almost twelve percent of i:protect customers are self employed and the Lifestyle Protection cover they have is precisely the same as company employees. There is one important difference regarding how claims for unemployment are accepted for self employed people. You will need to provide evidence that your business has ceased to trade as a direct result of you being unable to pay your debts when they become due.
On the top right hand side of this page there is a link to a page dedicated to insurance for Self Employed persons under More Information.
There are other providers of short-term Income Protection Insurance and other products designed to protect you against loss of income. For impartial information about insurance, please visit the website at www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk
*Quote from £0.56p per month per £100 of monthly benefit relates to any applicant up to age 25 chosing Accident and Sickness benefits for a 12 month period and who decides to wait 180 days (the excess period) before they need their benefit payments to start.
Why Lifestyle Protection Insurance?
Lifestyle Protection much better cover than just Redundancy Insurance it gives you Accident and Sickness Insurance cover as well as Unemployment Insurance cover in a single policy. Offering financial protection for your lifestyle at an economical price for you and your loved ones.
How to apply for Lifestyle Protection Insurance – video
This is a sequence of videos that takes you through the complete application process for an i:protect Lifestyle Protection policy. Each video is between 2 and 5 minutes in length and are useful if you want to understand more before trying out a quote of full application yourself, Each video is expanded upon in a separate posting category called How to Videos.