Short-term Income Protection Insurance: Eligibility
To be eligible to take out Short-term Income Protection Insurance you must, at the policy start date, be:-
- Over 18 and under the age of 51
- A UK Resident (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland)
- Legally entitled to work in the UK and can seek and take up alternative employment without restriction
- Actively working for 16 hours or more per week and have been so continuously for the previous 6 months
You must not be:-
- Aware of any impending unemployment
- Aware of any medical condition that may prevent you from working in the future
- In casual, seasonal or temporary employment
- Currently unable to attend your place of work due to an accident or sickness unless you are on maternity, paternity, adoption or parental leave.
This list is not exhaustive, please refer to the policy wording for full details.
Certain restrictions apply if you are self-employed, a Company Director, a contract worker, a sub-contract worker or have more than one job. Please ensure you read the policy wording for full details.